Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mr. Greenjeans

Okay, this did it. On September 16, Diane posted a picture of her Mr. Greenjeans.

For those of you who are not familiar with this sweater, go to Knitty.com I have loved this pattern ever since it came out two years ago and now I am going to knit it.


Now, this is with the understanding that I am at a work site six days a week and then on my day off, I do other things that can't wait. So, if I can put in 5 hours a week on this sweater, it may be done later in the winter and just in time to add something new to my wardrobe.

So, the question is -what yarn do I use for this wonderful sweater? I was looking at Ravelry and some folks have used Cotton Fleece. That would be good for this terminally hot person, plus I can wash and dry it in the machine. But, I also like Lamb's Pride and they have some beautiful reds. Or, we carry Shaefer Yarn and I could order some Miss Priss in a colorway that I like. Annie looks nice, so does Catherine the Great, or what about Frida Kahlo? And I like Billie Holliday, but I think I want to stick with a red colorway. It is bright and cheery.

Are you ready to join me?


No comments: