Friday, March 11, 2011

I know - you want spring, but winter is not ready to leave.  So, what is a good thing to knit and wear right away.  Hats!

The next bunch of posts are going to highlight the hats that we have in the shoppe for models, starting with the Maltese Fisherman's Hat.

Let me sing the praises of this hat.  First of all, it is an Elizabeth Zimmermann creation.   She was an amazing knitter and designer.

 
You can find this pattern in the Knitter's Almanac and Spun Out #9, both of which we carry.  This hat is quick, easy, and fun to wear.  I used the Naturally Aran 10 ply, two stranded, which the puppies picked out.

It uses the knit stitch, starting with garter, then joining and continuing to knit in the round.  It keeps my ears warm, a must for me to keep away earaches.



This is the hat I made for me to wear.  I keep it in my van for those snowy days. It is knitted out of two stranded Pinturas.

No comments: